Once you have pre-qualified, we will need to start looking for homes in your price range. Let’s get together at this point and talk. We can make an appointment or just email back and forth for a while. I understand that kids, dogs, parents everything can get in the way of an appointment, but we need to narrow down exactly what you are looking for. Here are some web sites that I have people use when looking for a home – www.zillow.com
, and www.alaskarealestate.com
The last one is my preferred because it has the most timely and accurate information. The other sites are slow to update and sometimes, you may find what you believe is your perfect home, only to find out it is unavailable because it sold 2 days ago, or sometimes even 6 months ago!
Dos and Don’ts:
- Do! Stay within your price range – go no more than $5000 above. Any more than that and your just setting yourself up for disappointment.
- Do! Set the app or web site to notify you when a new property comes on the market in your price range.
- Don’t! Make any major purchases on credit until after you’re finished with the home buying process i.e. recording on your home.
- Don’t! Deplete your bank accounts. If you have cash in savings, keep it there. Money talks!
- Use only up to date web sites
- Pay attention to the Do’s and Don’ts